Land Rover Defender 90 TDCI Soft Top Massive Spec inc Automatic Transmission
- Land Rover Key Data
- Country UK
- Colour Blue
- Year 2007
- Driving RHD
- Mileage (miles) 74000
- Gearbox Automatic
- Fuel Type Diesel
- Engine Size 2.5
- Condition Excellent
- Warranty Yes
- Seller Trade
- Part Exchange No
MOTODROME ARE DEFENDER SPECIALISTS – SEE WEBSITE FOR FULL STOCK
Motodrome offer this massive specification 2007 Land Rover Defender 90 TDCi soft top, finished in Metallic Blue with black Exmoor Trim leather sports seats.
99.9% of Defenders were supplied from the factory with manual transmission. Automatic transmission conversions are rare, especially if they’re done properly, as the cost is eye-watering. This one has had such a conversion, supplied and fitted by THE Defender transmission specialists, Ashcroft, in 2020
And, even better, it has a nice low odometer reading of just 74000.
The base vehicle started life as a 90 pickup, before being heavily uprated and converted to soft top configuration by Goblin Works Garage, and we understand it appeared on their TV show which you’ll doubtless find on some obscure channel.
Bodily, the conversion includes;
• Full Exmoor trim SVX-style mohair hood with side windows and zipped panels
• Exmoor Trim heavy-duty hood stick set with rollbar
• Wooden decking in load area, with lockable cabinet underneath
• DRL front bumper
• KBX front grille, light surrounds and wing vents
• Extra-wide wheelarch eyebrows
• XS-style full-length sidesteps
• Swingaway spare wheel carrier
• NAS rear step with integrated towpack (ball not shown but it’s with the car)
• LED light kit all round, including headlamps
Interior-wise, the spec continues with:
• Exmoor Trim heated leather sports seats
• NAS centre console
• MOMO sports steering wheel
• Sony double-DIN stereo with Apple CarPlay
• Billet aluminium door furniture
• Glovebox conversion
Drivetrain wise, it’s been upgraded with:
• Automatic transmission conversion by Ashcroft
• Uprated suspension including springs, shocks, and anti-roll bars
• 18in Sawtooth alloys with spacers shod with a matching set of BFG tyres
Also fitted with a decent aftermarket immobiliser.
Refreshingly, no chequerplate rash on this one, and it looks pretty distinctive…
Odometer reading 74000 miles in the hands of 3 previous keepers, and
we have the original book pack and stamped service book, and 2 sets of keys and fobs.
It will come with a fresh 12M MOT and 6 months warranty on sale.
In my opinion, it represents an excellent opportunity to buy a fully-sorted automatic conversion, but with a great spec elsewhere to boot, and a really distinctive look.
On test it performed exactly as it should.
On our own website, you’ll find our usual 2 videos: a walkaround appraisal, and driving impressions, which form part of the description.
based Henley-on-Thames – viewing by prior appointment
E & OE